Business LEAP Newsletter March 2021
Welcome to the newest edition of the Business LEAP newsletter! We will send these newsletters every month and will detail upcoming events and helpful information.
Here at Business LEAP, we are focused on helping to encourage entrepreneurship and drive innovation. However, it is interesting that we have heard many of our wonderful clients say that they don’t think of themselves as “entrepreneurs”. They simply have an idea or dream for their business and are pursuing that dream.
A common thread flows through our clients whether they are taking a business to the next stage of high growth, or are investigating the potential to start a business from scratch. They have passion, resourcefulness, willingness to improvise and listen to others and a strong determination to succeed.
And if all else fails, live the words of Airbnb Co-founder Brian Chesky: “If we tried to think of a good idea, we wouldn’t have been able to think of a good idea. You just have to find the solution for a problem in your own life.”
Wishing you a happy and productive Autumn!
– The Business LEAP Team
What’s in this issue?
- Meet Business LEAP’s Entrepreneurship Facilitators
- Vicki Leeson, Jason Virtue & Lynne Wilbraham
- Upcoming Events & Workshops
- Helpful Links – Covid-19
- Other Helpful Links
- Contact Business LEAP
- Business LEAP, Powered by Regional Business HQ
Meet Business LEAP’s Entrepreneurship Facilitators!
How will the finalisation of JobKeeper payments affect your organisation?
By now, you will have heard that JobKeeper Payments have come to an end. Do you know what this means for your business? This may have cashflow implications. It may also impact you down the road at tax time when any subsidies are likely to be treated as income.
If you need assistance with your business, contact Business LEAP to book an appointment with a Facilitator today!
Upcoming Events and Workshops
Check out our upcoming workshops below!
In the ‘Break even point for your business’ webinar, you’ll learn valuable insights such as what break even point means (hint: it’s one of the single most important things of selling a service or product), costs verses sell prices and understanding what is eating away at the bottom line profits.
You’ll receive your own workbook, plus a one-on-one session with Entrepreneurship Facilitator Vicki after each workshop. By participating in this and future Taking Care of Business workshops and webinars, you’ll join other locals on a similar learning journey and have access and support from peers and mentor Vicki.
Date: 16 April 2021
Time: 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm AEST
Set over three days, the inspirational event allows participants to experience the ‘start-up’ life, where they can connect with creators, learn from the best, improve their knowledge and work through the process of taking any idea from concept to creation in a matter of days.
This event will be facilitated by award-winning innovation professional Baden U’Ren, supported by The Generator and Community Lifestyle Support.
Date: 16-18 April 2021
Time: 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Location: The Generator – Level 1, 155A Bourbong Street, Bundaberg, 4670
Join Business LEAP and presenter Ben Ludlow from Ben Ludlow Accounting in this short webinar designed to teach you the tools to organise and make sure you have everything ready for tax time – and to make the most of your deductions! In this webinar:
- Basic organising of physical and digital receipts – how to best organise these for your accountant
- Expenses, Home Office, self education and travel deductions
- Insurance prepayments – Prepayment and the 12 month rule
- Business bank accounts and Large Assets
- Pre-tax time check up and ATO Tools
Date: 21 April 2021
Time: 9:30 am – 10:30 am AEST
In this final workshop in the series, ‘Preparing your business for sale’ you’ll learn valuable insights such as what you need to present your business for sale, what to look for in an sales agent and some of the costs that can be incurred when selling your business.
You’ll receive your own workbook, plus a one-on-one session with Vicki after each workshop. By participating in this and future Taking Care of Business workshops and webinars, you’ll join other locals on a similar learning journey and have access and support from peers and mentor Vicki.
Date: 8 June 2021
Time: 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
Location: 26 Lyons St, Mundubbera, 4626
Helpful Links for Businesses Impacted by Covid-19
- Increasing the Instant Asset Write-Off: Click here
- Backing Business Investment (BBI): Click here
- Boosting cash flow for employers: Click here
- Supporting apprentices and trainees: Click here
- Queensland COVID-19 job support loans: Click here
- Deferring returns due to Coronavirus: Click here
- Market diversification and resilience grants: Click here
- Financial Workshops: Click here
- For more information on the above websites: Click here
Other Helpful Business Links
- Register your ABN: Click here
- Check trading name and domain availability: Click here
- Check trademarks: Click here
- Registering a Company: Click here
- Licenses & registrations you require: Click here
- Business Queensland: Click here
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC): Click here
- Australian Taxation Office (ATO): Click here
- Free online training for Queensland Small Business (Small Business Skills Hub Queensland): Click here
- Skill Focus Queensland: Click here
- Well HQ Gympie – Online wellbeing space: Click here